Maryland State Pest Control Association - Membership
The MPCA has five different classes of membership.
1. Active membership: Any pest control firm or organization which , in the opinion of the Board of Directors is in sympathy with the purposes of the MPCA, shall be eligible for Active Membership provided said pest control firm or organization fulfills the following:
A) The applicant must satisfy the Membership Committee as to the responsibility of the firm and as to his/her personal character and responsibility.
B) The applicant must be licensed to perform pest control by the Maryland Department of Agriculture.
2. Allied Membership: Any person, firm or corporation not engaged in pest control service, that manufactures or supplies products, equipment, and/or other materials or services to the industry shall be eligible for Allied Membership.
3. Honorary Membership: An Honorary membership may be conferred upon an individual on the recommendation of the Board of Directors and approved by 3/4 of the members present and voting at any Annual Meeting of the Association. Honorary membership shall be granted only to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the pest control industry.
4. Special Membership: Special Membership may be conferred upon an individual upon the recommendation of the Board of Directors and approved by 3/4 of the members present and voting at any meeting of the Association. Special membership shall be granted to individuls in a Regulatory or Advisory capacity with respect to the Maryland pest control industry, and who have shown an interest in the Association through their continuing efforts and assistance on behalf of the Association.
5. Associate Membership: An Associate Membership may be conferred upon any individual who wishes to receive the newsletter and attend meetings.